Web-pix


Tuesday, July 03, 2007

at Point Lobos



Now, what I did is strictly verboten, but two Saturdays ago I snuck into Point Lobos State Reserve, just south of Carmel, early enough to have the entire place to myself for an hour and a half...   Of course, I made a bee-line to the "off-limits" Northshore area, where normally I would be spotted trespassing and thrown out of the park... Hiking in that area is treacherous, and the soil and plants are very fragile...   When I was a mere lad of 16 I got caught on the backside of Fin Dome, and the ranger made me expose my roll of film so I wouldn't give other photographers any ideas...

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Kimberley said...

what an awesome beauty you have posted wow I so wish I could visit all the awesome places you shoot!

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Hans said...

is Clint Eastwood still mayor from Carmel ? I love your seals..

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:48:00 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

Lucky for us you haven't learned your lesson.

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 8:32:00 PM, Blogger AphotoAday said...

Hi Josie -- yeah, and it's also lucky I didn't fall off the cliff while on my little adventure -- which is a very real possibility...

And also hi Watchthis -- Yeah, Clint Eastwood was mayor for years back when I was living near there (Pacific Grove), but that was about 40 years ago... I was talking to someone recently and they said that Clint was involved with some other businessmen in some sort of highly controversial development project on the Monterey Peninsula, so I'll have to find out "what's up with that"...

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Hans said...

Clint was my hero when a was a young boy..But I suppose there are no heroes in politics :(

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Trijnie said...

Garden of Eden, but take care please if you go there Donald !! :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!