Web-pix


Tuesday, May 20, 2008




I actually don't know exactly what Padma has been 'diagnosed' with--or how relevant this is in describing who she is and what it is to be her. I can tell you that when I was shooting and editing this photo I was thinking particularly about how she might see the world. I presume that there is a gap between what she knows, believes, senses, and what she can express of this. She can speak--she will tell you the time, she will say 'bonjour' to you; she will, if she likes you, remember your name. But about many things she is mute and thus vast portions of her world are obscured to us.



2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

thanks for your perspective here.

 
At Sunday, May 25, 2008 3:04:00 AM, Blogger Kimberley said...

I am with Jo here ... The gentleman I work with daily has these same characteristics so I can completely relate to your insight. Great shots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!