Web-pix


Thursday, March 15, 2007

Room #5 version vertical.


[i attacked this corridor again, this time for a vertical panorama consisting of stitched photos. This is attempt #1. I shall re-do this having learned what i did and will prepare a better one for ze flickr. rough drafts for my friends! ]

6 Comments:

At Friday, March 16, 2007 5:45:00 AM, Blogger Kimberley said...

This "rough" draft is rather great, I intersted to see your new and improved ... I really like this one!

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

Can you enlighten me a bit about what you did to work on this pic?

It's a great image.

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Henri Banks said...

he did it again :-)

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Christopher Steven b. said...

My shots are always a little better on the second go-around, kimberley. actually mid exposure i realized this wasn't the positioning i wanted--i wanted to get the doorknob. but after the shot(s) i just said 'ah, good enough to try the panorama with'.
thank-you..

absolutely jozee. Most of the work was in levelling. the main feature of these shots is the higher than zero blackpoint. to see what i mean, open any b+w that has a lot of black in it. now go to image\adjustment\levels and slide the leftmost bottom slider a little to the right. this just sets a miniumum for blackness that is not zero like it usually is. most of my pics don't have a true black in them..
ahmm. oh. i use the 'alien skin exposure' plugin for my bw conversions. this plugin sort of batch handles many prodecures all at once [e.g. grain, levels, sharpness]. I think i ran the image through here a couple of times, though i probably spent about 5 minutes each time adjusting settings[e.g. levels] to taste.
i then applied a vignette. given the long orientation i had to do it by hand. with the selection lasso chosen, i drew an oval-like shape in the centre, set feathering to 120, inverted the selection, then dragged the mid-tone slider [of the image\adjustments\levels\ dialog box] to the right so that it was near 50. I then applied an overlay. I dragged a nice and scratchy texture into the image, and in the layers window i chose [i think] the 'overlay' combine style. it's default is, obviously, 'normal'. i worked on the levels of this image in isolation so that it combined with the image proper in a way that i liked it; and then i reduced the opacity a little--still in the layers window things.

oh. file/automate/photomerge was how i stitched the images. a little work was needed to smooth the overlap but not much.

phew. i think that's about all i did. it took about 15 minutes to edit.

grazie, jozee..


haha. danke, henri!

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 4:31:00 PM, Blogger raindog said...

striking image!

 
At Friday, March 16, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Blogger Jozee said...

My goodness, thank you for all that info. Going off to digest now.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!