Web-pix


Wednesday, November 15, 2006

... l'estaca ...

.

... Lluís Llach i Grande (born May 7, 1948 in Girona, Spain) is a Catalan musician and songwriter. He sings in Catalan. As this language was prohibited under Franco and Llach refused to sing in Spanish, he was forced to leave Spain for the exile in Paris. After Francisco Franco died, Llach returned to Spain in 1976.

the stake - lluis llach ...

Grandpa Siset spoke with me - Early in the morning, in the frontdoor
While we were wainting for the sun - And we saw passing the cars

Siset, don't you see the stake - Where we all are tied?
If we cannot undo it - we won't be able to walk!

If we all pull it, it will fall - And it can't last much time,
Surely it falls, falls, falls, - must be worm-eatn by now.

If i pull hard towards here, - And you pull it towards there,
I'm sure it falls, falls, falls, - And we'll be able to be free!

But it's been a long time, now! - My hands are peeling!
And when my force goes - It's wider and bigger.

Yes I know it's rotten, - but you know, Siset, it's so heavy,
Sometimes force forgets me. - Say me again your singing:

If we all pull it, it will fall - And it can't last much time,
Surely it falls, falls, falls, - must be worm-eatn by now.

If i pull hard towards here, - you pull it towards there,
I'm sure it falls, falls, falls, - we'll be able to be free!

Grandpa Siset doesn't speak anymore - Bad wind took him away
Who knows where, he, - And me, here under the door

And when new boys pass by - strech my neck to sing
Siset's last singing - The last thing he taught me.

If we all pull it, it will fall - And it can't last much time,
Surely it falls, falls, falls, - It must be worm-eatn by now.

If i pull hard towards here, - And you pull it towards there,
I'm sure it falls, falls, falls, - we'll be able to be free!

.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Kimberley said...

Shot ...is "picture perfect" Lyrics are "deeply provoking" Makes you think...Thanks so much for sharing

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Clo said...

Oh! Goldo, la chanson m'a fait pleurer... :O)

So beautiful, both the song and the picture... Nationalist song always make me cry... so beautiful, specially when everybody sing with him... Thank you, I didn't knew about that story. I'm sure Dib will be profondly touched! :O)

Merci, Goldo, t'es un pote!... ou encore, en québécois: t'es vraiment un chum! :O)

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:24:00 PM, Blogger goldo said...

... moi aussi j'ai la chair de poule en entendant la chanson ;o) ... enregistrée au Nou Camp de Barcelonne en 1976 lors de son retour en Espagne ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!